Corporate Sales Manager (Japan and Korea)
- Salary & Benefits
- competitive with excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
IOP Publishing is seeking a Corporate Sales Manager based in Tokyo to build and grow business sales in our Japanese and Korean territories.
IOP Publishing (IOPP) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Institute of Physics, a leading scientific society founded in 1874. IOPP provides a range of journals, ebooks, magazines, conference proceedings and websites for the scientific community. With offices in the UK, US, China and Japan, and staff in many other locations including Mexico and Sydney, we serve researchers in the sciences in all parts of the world.
As the Corporate Sales Manager you will develop and initiate regional Corporate Sales for Japanese and Korean territories. You’ll use excellent communication skills and sales experience to build and strengthen the business within the corporate market. Working directly with the Vice President of Sales for the Asia and Pacific region, your entrepreneurial mindset and negotiation skills will help exceed targeted revenue and call budgets. This will include proposing and initiating new sales pricing and tactics for the market.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for upgrading and expanding existing customers to IOP Corporate products, selling new prospects in the region and managing new and existing relationships with local agents. You will also focus on helping to grow sales in smaller academic accounts by promoting our digital platform, IOP Science. This will require good technical knowledge and an understanding of the electronic publishing industry.
You will attend various physics and engineering conferences for our corporate customers in your regions, expanding and improving IOP awareness in the commercial arena. Therefore, although the role is based in our Tokyo office, you should be willing to travel when required.
- Maximising new business growth from the corporate market in Japan and Korea
- Collaborating with VP Sales and Marketing and Regional Sales Managers to exceed targeting revenue and call budgets
- Proactivity in reaching out to new prospects, making a minimum number of calls and emails per month
- Developing commercial awareness of our products
- Building and maintaining good relationships with internal stakeholders
- Managing and cultivating external relationships in Japan and Korea
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluency in in Japanese and English (essential) and Korean (desirable)
- Experience of High Tech, Device Manufacturing, Aerospace and PetroChem industries
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in CRM and other relevant marketing tools
- Good knowledge about the corporate market
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Closing Date