Marketing Executive - Part Time (Fixed term contract)
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Executive (ME) to join our busy Content and Engagement marketing team. The team primarily supports content growth within the business, working alongside Publishing team members to develop effective marketing activity to grow our journals and books programmes.
You will be required to utilise the full marketing mix to reach our international customers to encourage them to publish with and read our journals, books and journalism products. You will also be responsible for the brand management for all journal titles within your portfolio, creating engaging copy and campaigns to improve our standing within the marketplace. You will work alongside an experienced team of marketeers and PR professionals, but will be responsible for your own workload and budget to meet your objectives.
This position also supports our partner publishing programme, and you would be a key point of contact for our society partners.
The Marketing Executive is accountable for:
- Devising and benchmarking SMART marketing objectives and ensuring they align with costed marketing plans and publishing objectives
- Devising, planning and implementing campaigns alongside Publishing team members
- Managing a portfolio of products and subject specialisms (for example mathematical physics) to include journals and books
- Managing the budget for each portfolio/product
- Reporting on marketing activity for the year both to internal stakeholders and external partners
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree-level or equivalent and possess previous marketing experience
- Demonstrate solid knowledge and experience of the marketing business as well as working knowledge of all marketing channels
- Possess creative flair and excellent copywriting skills
- Demonstrate well developed organisational, planning and time-management skills
- Be able to build and maintain successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Experience in the following systems would be a benefit, but not essential as training can be provided:
- MasterVision (or similar customer database)
- MessageFocus by Adestra (or similar html email tool)
- PPC advertising tools such as Google AdWords and Twitter Ads
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme, is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date