Research Communications Manager, Greater China
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
You will manage a programme of author outreach to boost the profile and brand awareness of IOP Publishing and our products and services to support our strategic initiatives in China. As the job holder, you will use marketing and communication techniques in innovative and effective ways to improve awareness and engagement with our audiences in the region.
You will lead on both the marketing strategy and implementing activities to support the aims of the region. You will be confident in liaising with key stakeholders and providing reports and feedback on activities, bringing a focus on growing our customer database and contributing insight into successful marketing tactics and our competition in the market.
A key part of the role will require great collaboration skills, working closely with colleagues in Publishing, Marketing and Sales in China and in our offices globally. You will have an enthusiasm for meeting researchers and engaging with our authors.
The role will require travel throughout China and occasionally internationally.
You will work with a variety of tools and systems such as Mastervision, Message Focus and Salesforce. Experience of these tools would be an advantage, but full training will be given.
The successful candidate will:
- Align marketing tactics and campaigns to support researcher engagement activities in China
- Organize and lead IOP Publishing author workshops and other related events, including managing IOP Publishing presence at scientific conferences
- Coordinate country-wide social media and online marketing campaigns and develop/maintain IOP’s regional web presence
- Build strategic relationships with leading scientists, academic institutions and learned societies in China in order to increase IOP Publishing’s influence and impact
- Develop new opportunities and activities to engage researchers at all levels of their careers efficiently and effectively
- Degree in the physical sciences essential. Higher degree (MSc or PhD) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the academic/research environment in China and worldwide
- A working knowledge of scientific publishing is desirable
- Demonstrate solid knowledge and experience of marketing as well as working knowledge of a variety of marketing channels.
- Ability to obtain and analyse market research and insights to create a clear and practical marketing implementation approach gaining buy-in from a wide range of colleagues.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills and the ability to make appropriate decisions and take prompt and effective action, if necessary, under pressure of time and circumstances, are essential
- Must possess strong English and Mandarin communications (verbal and written) skills, including public speaking skills
- Demonstrate strategic planning ability as well as organisational, planning and time-management skills
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing provides publications through which leading-edge scientific research is distributed worldwide. We are a society-owned scientific publisher, providing impact, recognition and value for the scientific community.
Wholly owned by the UK Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society, we work closely with researchers, academics, and partners worldwide to produce academic journals, ebooks, conference series, and digital products, covering the latest and best research in the physical sciences and beyond. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to support science through the activities of the Institute.
- Closing Date