Marketing Assistant (12 month FTC)
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary & Flexible Benefits
- Job Advert Description
The ideal candidate will be easy to approach and able to build rapport well with stakeholders across all major departments within the organization. As a cooperative team-player, you will be able to encourage collaboration with your peers and represent your own interests.
Using your efficient organisational and time management skills, you will set priorities and coordinate several marketing activities including; email marketing, online advertising, social media, events marketing, and traditional media.
You will plan and act with your customers in mind and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of your customers by establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
The successful applicant should demonstrate the following:
- A marketing or business-related degree, or a degree in a subject that’s given you analytical experience. We’ll also take marketing experience from other jobs into account too.
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills are essential.
- Be able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as good time management skills.
- Confident with MS Office and customer databases.
- High level of attention to detail
- Pro-active attitude towards learning new industry, cultural, company, product and technological knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in using marketing, CRM and web tools would be advantageous, e.g. MessageFocus, SalesForce, MasterVision, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, WordPress.
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme, is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of ebooks, magazines and conference proceedings. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date