HR Business Partner
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
Who are we?
IOP Publishing is a society-owned scientific publisher, providing impact, recognition and value to the scientific community. We have offices in the UK, APAC, India, Russia and the US and work closely with researchers, librarians and society partners worldwide to produce academic journals, books and conference series. Our aim is to cover the latest and best research in the physical sciences and beyond. In doing so, we make a further contribution to supporting science by delivering any financial surplus we make to the Institute of Physics in the form of Gift Aid, allowing them to inspire people to develop their knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of physics.
The HR Business Partner will report to the Head of HR & Talent. Working collaboratively within the Human Resources team, the role contributes to and delivers on agreed strategy and standards and connects with relevant functional colleagues to ensure cohesion. The role will frequently take the lead on initiatives that may span other departments or have only a tangential link to Human Resources, where the jobholder will be expected to provide more rounded input.
The HRBP is the connection point between the Human Resources function and the company’s directorates and/or regional leadership where the role collaborates with Directors and/or their direct reports as well as other senior stakeholders in defined business areas to develop and deliver commercially-focused HR solutions that contribute to departmental objectives as well as to the overall company strategy.
Key accountabilities are grouped together under:
- Providing excellence in end-to-end HR partnership to the business
- Introducing and embedding key HR initiatives into the business
- Supporting the full employee lifecycle
- Developing the HR infrastructure/relationships
- Maintaining and promoting a continuous improvement culture
To be successful in the role, we expect you to:
- be a graduate Chartered MCIPD;
- have significant operational and strategic HR experience at Senior Advisor or Business Partner level in a commercial environment;
- have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- be highly effective at building good working relationships, influencing and building credibility;
- have substantial knowledge of employment law;
- have a working knowledge of job evaluation;
- have a demonstrable track record in delivering projects and assignments on time, in full; and
- have a collaborative working style and work effectively within a team.
We have modern, open-plan offices in the centre of Bristol and pride ourselves in making the environment pleasant and accessible, having a subsidised onsite cafeteria, undercroft cycle storage, changing facilities and showers and being within easy access to transportation links.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer employees a flexible benefits package with great core benefits that cover a generous pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and attractive annual leave options.
If you want to know more about IOP Publishing please see our website: ioppublishingcareers.org.
To apply please submit your CV and covering note through our careers site, highlighting why you would be suitable for the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
- Closing Date