- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive plus excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
The Data Architect role is a newly created technical management position, with responsibility for leading and shaping IOP Publishing’s data strategy and information management team. The Data Architect is responsible for the quality and usability of corporate data, enabling insight for IOP Publishing that will improve customer experience, discover commercial opportunities and streamline business processes. You will lead an agile engineering team responsible for making accurate business, customer and market data available when needed. Collaboration with IT product teams is vital, ensuring the cohesion and integrity of data from multiple sources including sales, circulation, customer identifiers, market, usage and bibliometric data.
We are looking for someone who has a data driven approach, learning fast from experiments and proof of concepts to develop innovative solutions. You will build a capability around predictive analytics / AI and champion the use of data to support business decision making and modelling, as well as embedding product performance metrics and customer engagement analytics in our major processes throughout the business.
As part of the role you will act as a ‘product manager’ for data, a single point of contact and owner of data as a strategic asset for the organisation. This will involve working closely with stakeholders to develop the data roadmap, package and prioritise work for the IT team and align delivery with organisational goals to deliver competitive advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS/EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES
- Extensive experience of data architecture, MDM, ETL, BI reporting, visualisation tools and dashboards
- Track record of success in building a high-performing team of engineers
- Knowledge and interest in relevant emerging technologies; for example, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Experience of Agile approaches
- Experience of cloud architecture and tools
- Organised and pro-active, determined to add value and able to balance competing demands on time and respond positively in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong collaboration skills, and a heightened sense of emotional intelligence and diplomacy
- First class verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solver
- Avid about continuous improvement
- Tenacity and drive for results
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
About IOP Publishing Tech
The Institute of Physics Publishing is an international scientific publisher, delivering leading-edge research worldwide. Our digital portfolio includes the IOPscience journals platform, Physics World news and regional websites.
The tech department is made up of Digital Transformation - leading on digital delivery and global digital services and Engineering - providing technical leadership for software development, QA, DevOps and application support. Our IT department has approximately 50 members of staff and also work closely with an offshore development team.
- Closing Date