Sales Operations Administrator (IOAAs)
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary & Flexible Benefits
- Job Advert Description
The Sales Operations Administrator (IOAAs) is responsible for managing and co-ordinating the administrative aspects of IOPP’s Institutional Open Access Agreements.
These are agreements we have with academic institutions to fund the publication of scientific research in our journals.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations and working closely with key stakeholders including the Product Development Manager, the Publishing and Production departments and the Finance team, the role will be expected to ensure manual processing and reporting tasks are completed accurately and promptly.
They will also be expected to develop and maintain a good understanding of the end to end IOAA process, identify improvements and work collaboratively with others to ensure their implementation.
As part of the busy Sales Operations team, the role will also be expected to work closely with colleagues in that team, cross training with other Sales Ops staff in order to be able to provide additional support during busy periods.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Experience working as an administrator or in a similar role in a fast-changing office environment.
- Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Previous experience working in a publishing, especially academic publishing, business.
- Experience with the operation of Institutional Open Access Agreements or other similar agreements.
- An understanding of IOPP’s business, it’s customers and other stakeholders.
Skills & behaviours
- Working collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand complex issues and to be able to explain them clearly to stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to challenge processes and identify improvements
- Taking ownership and focus on results.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Outlook and Word, Teams
- Knowledge of any one or more of Scholarone Manuscripts, Business Objects or Epicor would be an advantage.
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme, is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date