Assistant Publisher APAC
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Publisher to join our high performing Publishing team based in Beijing. We are looking for someone with a passion for science and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
You will play a vital role in building our profile and presence in China by supporting our market engagement and outreach activities in the region, including representing IOP at conferences, on campus visits and workshops. You will also have good social media skills and be adept at creating posts on WeChat.
You will provide administrative support for all aspects of publishing development work, including commissioning, liaising with journal Editorial Board members and Guest Editors, assisting with desk-based research, supporting partner development activities as well as acting as a first point of contact for customer queries.
Happy to work independently as well as within a team, you’ll be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and be adaptable and quick to learn. With a proactive approach to work, you’ll have an eye for detail and work to very high standards of accuracy, as well as having keen analytical skills.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- First degree in Physics, Chemistry or Materials (with Masters or PhD level highly preferred).
- Proven analytical skills
- Publishing experience in STM publishing (books or journals) desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of the role of academic research journals.
- Interest in scientific developments.
Skills & behaviours
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to work effectively with internal colleagues and external stakeholders (authors, referees, editors, board members and society partners).
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to independently solve problems.
To apply please submit your CV and covering note through our careers site, highlighting why you would be suitable for the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
- Closing Date