Lead Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line)
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
We are very excited to share with you the below opportunity in joining the IT Service Desk team within IOP Publishing, on a full-time, permanent basis.
The Lead Service Desk Analyst provides support to our employees on leading technologies, assisting with the execution of daily operations on the service desk as well as being responsible for coaching, managing and supporting all 1st Line Analysts within the team to ensure a positive customer experience.
The IT Service Desk team provides internal tech support to around 400 staff in Bristol, the USA and Asia, as well as staff based outside of these offices. The lead service desk analyst (2nd Line) will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving escalated 2nd line IT support queries raised from the 1st line support team. This will include working across Active Directory, Azure, Office365 including SharePoint, Microsoft Endpoint Management, Sophos Anti-Virus and Mimecast.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Manage, coach and support the work of the 1st Line Service Desk Analysts to ensure a high level of support is being provided to employees.
- Resolution of Service Desk tickets (Incidents, Problems and Requests)
- Hardware Provisioning, Management and Decommissioning
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Advanced skills in Incident investigation and resolution
- Experience with ITIL processes (SLM, Incident, Request, Knowledge, Problem)
- ServiceNow administration experience a plus
- Office365 administration knowledge (ATP knowledge a plus)
- Line management or process lead experience
- Desired experience of using Sophos Anti-Virus, Mimecast and AutoPilot, however training will be provided by the team as part of 3-week training plan (and ongoing as needed)
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills: Ability to communicate in a way that is clear, effective and directive
- Ability to communicate technically and non-technically to key stakeholders
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to delegate
- Can work to SLAs, with flexibility and mindset to adapt to ever changing workloads.
- Able to help drive initiatives in a team to improve on processes wherever possible
- Keeps focus on cyber security whilst carrying out all activities
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Strong organisation skills
- Customer satisfaction focussed
- Knowledge transfer skills
- Trouble Shooting
- Personable manner
- Decision making skills
- Priority setting skills
- Attention to detail
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date