- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive & Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for a motivated Product Manager to join the production team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will play a key role in managing the business-critical products that sit between our authors and the expert Production teams preparing the content for publication. The products you will be accountable for deliver high levels of automation that support manuscript editing and proofing and integrate with multiple other systems to manage the end-to-end production process.
The Production Product Manager is core to our authors’ experience with IOP Publishing and will act as the voice of the customer, not only with our three technology providers, but also with the Production department’s content experts. A key aspect of the job is managing the delicate balance of customer and stakeholder requirements and the budget to get best value for money from IOP Publishing’s investment.
This role is key to delivering Production’s strategic plan that moves towards greater automation in the publishing process and the Product Manager plays an important part in ensuring the technology can keep pace with our planned growth.
We are keen to hear from Product Managers with a variety of experience levels. We are really supportive of the value of learning and experimentation and you will be supported by a small team from our Technology department who will assist in working with our technology providers and help you to shape the ways of working and delivery of the value from your products.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Own the entire customer experience for their product – be the voice of the customer within the business whilst balancing this with stakeholder requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Vendor management – work collaboratively with our technology providers, while maintaining focus on timely delivery, to budget and to specified quality standards.
- Define the long-term strategy and vision for product and future development, and ensure initiatives are closely aligned with wider business priorities and aspirations for the future.
- Manage all operational requirements of the product using an Agile approach.
- Understand the broader context and provide reports/key analytics on the performance of the product.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (desired)
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt (desired)
- Demonstrable understanding of customers and their requirements in the STM Publishing market (desired)
- Demonstrable data-driven approach to decision making, utilizing validated customer feedback and insights as well as business metrics to make decisions
- Experience of continuous improvement and ideally lean methodology.
- Expert user of all relevant analytical and reporting tools.
- Excellent communicator, face to face and written.
- Exceptional influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent change management and prioritization skills
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date