Regional Sales Manager - Japan
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive & Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
IOP Publishing is seeking a Regional Sales Manager based in Tokyo to build and grow business sales in our Japanese territory.
IOP Publishing (IOPP) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Institute of Physics, a leading scientific society founded in 1874. IOPP provides a range of journals, ebooks, magazines, conference proceedings and websites for the scientific community. With offices in the UK, US, China and Japan, and staff in many other locations including Mexico and Sydney, we serve researchers in the sciences in all parts of the world.
As Regional Manager you will develop and initiate regional Sales for Japanese market. You’ll use excellent communication skills and sales experience to build and strengthen the business within the academic market. Working directly with the Vice President of Sales for the Asia and Pacific region, your entrepreneurial mindset and negotiation skills will help exceed targeted revenue and call budgets. This will include proposing and initiating new sales pricing and tactics for the market.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for upgrading and expanding existing customers to IOPscience extra product, selling new prospects in the region and managing new and existing relationships with local agents. You will also focus on helping to grow ebooks and archive sales in academic accounts by promoting our digital platform, IOP Science. This will require good technical knowledge and an understanding of the electronic publishing industry.
You will attend various physics and engineering conferences for our corporate customers in your regions, expanding and improving IOP awareness in the market.
Whilst this is initially a 2-year fixed term contract, there is scope for this to become a permanent position, subject to market progression and performance.
- Maximising new business growth from the market in Japan
- Collaborating with VP Sales and Marketing and Regional Sales Managers to exceed targeting revenue and call budgets
- Proactivity in reaching out to new prospects, making a minimum number of calls and emails per month
- Developing awareness of our products
- Building and maintaining good relationships with internal stakeholders
- Managing and cultivating external relationships in Japan
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluency in in Japanese and English (essential)
- Experience of Publishing industry
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in CRM and other relevant marketing tools
- Good knowledge about the academic market
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Closing Date