Programme Manager – Sales, Marketing and Subscriptions Enterprise Applications
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive plus excellent benefits
- Job Advert Description
Programme Manager – Sales, Marketing and Subscriptions enterprise applications
18 months’ fixed-term contract
We are looking for a credible programme manager with a portfolio of successful delivery to lead the Sales Enablement Transformation programme (SET) here at IOP Publishing, ensuring we deliver our vision to create a 360-degree view of our customers. This critical role will ensure all aspects of the programme are delivered on time in full, resulting in the transformation of our sales, subscriptions and marketing capability, enabling us to remain commercially successful, serve our customers better and enhance our staff experience.
The programme is a complex and the programme manager will lead a diverse set of teams and interdependent activities, setting the tone for team culture and performance.
Does this sound like you?
You will be driven by successful delivery and have a proven track record of taking responsibility for the overall integrity and coherence of an enterprise-wide transformation programme, making sure that new business capability is delivered in line with an agreed implementation plan and that business benefits are realised. In this role you will need to establish a governance framework that supports decision-making and complements our agile development approach, and within that framework you will be using your excellent communication and leadership skills to bring together the directors, technical teams, business stakeholders, suppliers and customers. You will surface challenges and blockers, manage risk, build adaptive plans and ensure that we understand and meet appropriate quality standards.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Accountable to the Programme Board, you will establish a governance framework for the programme extending across all areas of activity and taking all aspects of the programme into consideration.
- Leading the core project team, you will own the overall programme plan, ensuring that you keep work flowing across multiple and diverse teams, managing cross functional dependencies and blockers.
- Building a strong MVP culture, ensuring the design and implementation of systems and processes are simple yet adequate. Solutions, whether technical, process or people orientated, must be sustainable and scalable for the future.
- Tracking and delivering the benefits and outcomes for the programme, ensuring that all benefits can be measured and evidenced through metrics and data.
- Leading the relationship with suppliers on behalf of the Board including relationships with external agencies and suppliers.
- Ensuring the programme has highly evolved change management processes, that stakeholders are managed through ongoing communication and engagement.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Strong academic background and relevant professional qualifications
- Project and programme management (ideally MSP qualified) with experience in handling budgets of +£5m
- Proven track record of successful SalesForce.com implementation in similar organisations
- Deep knowledge of target modules: SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, CPQ, Pardot, MarketingCloud, CRM
- Highly accomplished change manager with demonstrable EQI
- Ideally a sales and marketing domain expert
- Vendor and supplier management skills (similar vendor management essential)
- Evidence of delivering operational excellence through process design/re-engineering evidencing strategic agility and innovation management
- Board level gravitas and credibility at all levels of the business
- Excellent stakeholder skills (influencing, negotiation, persuasion, conflict mediation, problem solving)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently working remotely.
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date