Content and Production Manager
- UK, Remote
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
The role is within the Media Group, which delivers trusted and independent science news and information to a global community. You will be part of a small team collectively responsible for the production of magazines, websites and digital products created by in-house and freelance journalists, contributors and partners, including advertising clients.
The job holder will oversee all aspects of content management and production for a number of print, online and digital products and services. You will develop, implement and manage production systems, processes and workflows to ensure the cost-effective, high-quality publication of editorial content in all formats.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Production: be responsible for the hands-on production of a number of products and services across print, online and digital formats. This includes copy-editing, image manipulation, page layout for print, and online publication using content management systems. Ensure a sustained focus on quality and consistency of output.
- Content management: manage print, online and digital content collateral and workflows for a number of products to ensure the optimised use and reuse of content across different formats.
- Operational planning and management: help create and maintain production schedules and budgets. Work with editorial, advertising sales and marketing functions to help maximise revenue and minimise costs. Liaise with external suppliers, notably printers.
- Technical systems: act as a technical expert for production and content systems, notably WordPress, including troubleshooting and the creation of documentation and training on best practice.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Extensive working knowledge of print, online and digital production systems and workflows, including WordPress, InDesign and Photoshop
- Previous experience of copy-editing editorial content for language
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, one-to-one and in a group setting
- Planning and prioritisation skills
- Flexible and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement techniques
- A strong customer focus coupled with a drive for results
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are all working remotely.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of ebooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date