Regional Sales Manager – DACH (Austria, Germany & Switzerland)
- Austria, Germany ,Switzerland
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
Location: Preferably based within the region/remote based
IOP Publishing is seeking a Regional Sales Manager based in DACH to build and grow academic, corporate and government sales within DACH, part of our EMEA sales region.
IOP Publishing (IOPP) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Institute of Physics, a leading scientific society founded in 1874. IOPP provides a range of journals, e-books, magazines, conference proceedings and websites for the scientific community. With offices in the UK, US, China and Japan, and staff in many other locations including Mexico and Sydney, we serve researchers in the sciences in all parts of the world.
As Regional Manager you will develop and initiate regional Sales for the DACH market. You’ll use excellent communication skills and sales experience to build and strengthen the business within the academic, corporate and government markets. Working directly with the Group Sales Manager (EMEA) your entrepreneurial mindset and negotiation skills will help exceed targeted revenue and call budgets. This will include proposing and initiating new sales pricing and tactics for the market.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for upgrading and expanding existing customers to IOPscience extra product, selling new prospects in the region and managing new and existing relationships with local agents. You will also focus on helping to grow e-books and archive sales in academic accounts by promoting our digital platform, IOP Science. This will require good technical knowledge and an understanding of the electronic publishing industry.
You will attend various conferences and exhibitions within the region, expanding and improving market-awareness of IOP Publishing
- Maximising new business growth from the markets within DACH
- Collaborating with Group Sales Manager (EMEA) and Library Account Development team to exceed overall revenue targets
- Proactivity in reaching out to new prospects, making a minimum number of calls and emails per month. Developing the new customer pipeline
- Developing awareness of our products
- Building and maintaining good relationships with internal stakeholders
- Managing and cultivating external relationships within DACH
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluency in in German and English (essential), French (Optional)
- Experience of Publishing industry
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in CRM and other relevant marketing tools
- Good knowledge about the academic market
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site (link below) highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
Link to the vacancy on our careers website:
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
- Closing Date