Senior Marketing Executive (12 Months FTC)
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
Senior Marketing Executive (12 months FTC)
The Senior Marketing Executive (SME) works with the Associate Director, Content and Engagement Marketing (AD) and the Associate Director Ebooks (AD Ebooks), to create the marketing strategy for their product portfolio. The SME manages the ebooks programme and is accountable for achieving annual marketing objectives and KPIs for their portfolio through the implementation of multi-channel marketing campaigns (across email, social, search, in-person and virtual events, etc.)
Marketing strategies and activities will support the primary business goal of winning and retaining customers: primarily ebooks authors, readers, and society partners, whilst also providing support for the winning and retaining of library customers. Integral to this is the need to maximise content growth for the ebooks in their portfolio through the creation of demand by researchers for IOPP’s products and services.
The SME models best practice in all marketing activity and is part of a high performing team with a passion for modern marketing techniques.
The SME also manages the relationships with key stakeholders to ensure satisfaction from internal and external customers whilst also keeping the business and marketing objectives and targets at the forefront.
The SME is required to act in an advisory capacity to fellow team members, including delegating projects and activities appropriately. The SME must be able to build close working relationships across all the major departments and areas within the organization.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Perform annual analysis for their portfolio and setting SMART objectives that directly support the Ebooks strategy and overall business objectives.
- Plan and prioritise the marketing of products based on their classification
- Collaborate with the Ebooks editorial teams to understand product positioning and campaign requirements.
- Implement activities identified in the marketing plan to raise awareness, support usage, content growth and engaging with authors.
- Grow the number of external, expert endorsements of the programme and individual titles, and expand reviewer database.
- Organise and lead on regular marketing meetings with key stakeholders and represent marketing function in meetings.
- Deliver presentations and produce reports as required.
- Contribute to and represent marketing on project-based work that will further the overall organisational objectives as directed by the AD or Marketing Managers.
- Ensure consistent and meaningful measuring and reporting of all marketing activity for their portfolio.
- Make data-driven decisions when setting strategies and objectives, planning campaigns and activities to optimise performance.
- Fully understand and use multiple data systems to manage and proactively suggest and plan activity.
- Work with marketing colleagues and other key stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of our customers to help us support their needs through marketing activities.
- Proactively identify and develop customer touchpoints throughout marketing activities and the overall publishing process, to ensure a positive customer experience based on consistent and appropriate messages, to ultimately encourage loyalty from researchers.
- Identify opportunities for lead generation.
- Comply with and monitor product branding requirements to support product positioning.
- Ensure company-level or project-level branding guidelines are adhered to within projects and cross-departmental campaigns, where appropriate.
- Actively engage with customers at academic conferences and other events to promote IOP Publishing and our products/services.
- Attend Board Meetings and Partner Meetings to represent marketing.
- Monitor competitor activity to feed into overall market intelligence.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Able to demonstrate evidence of applying marketing skills and experience at a high level.
- Can demonstrate a solid understanding of marketing theory and how to apply this to the role. Experienced in using a variety of marketing channels and tactics to provide solutions and achieve objectives.
- Is able to measure performance against goals, evaluate results and seek improvements.
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills are essential, as is confidence in communicating with stakeholders, including internal and external customers at many different levels.
- Good understanding of the STM publishing industry would be desirable
- Good understanding of the importance of GDPR compliance within marketing activities and in working with business partners.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Can create copy and content in a variety of communication settings and styles, to get messages across that have the desired effect on different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage multiple stakeholders, including any external business relationships.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills.
- Technical skills: experience of marketing channels and an excellent understanding of marketing best practice, internally and in wider industry.
- Continuous improvement: proactively seek opportunities to deliver efficiencies and effectiveness by improving or changing the current processes, workflows or practices in the marketing department.
- Can offer a new perspective on marketing activities based on their awareness of the wider context of the business, competitor activity, and innovation within channels and tactics.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills for internal and external presentations, in-person and virtual, including webinars.
- A degree or professional qualification in marketing or related area is desirable.
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
This role is based at our Bristol office. Blended and flexible working will be considered with regular office attendance informed by business needs and subject to the local Covid-19 situation.
For this role, the working pattern we can accommodate is between 31.5 and 35 hours per week.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date