Senior Financial Accountant (Fixed Term)
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
Senior Financial Accountant
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join us on a fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity leave.
In this role the job holder will be responsible for the accounting and financial management of our group companies, with a major focus on our international operations in India, China and Russia, ensuring that they are compliant with local accounting, tax and legal regulations. The job holder will have excellent technical knowledge and will be a key partner to the finance team and the business, providing leadership and decision-making advice. They will also be responsible for leading and delivering key finance team projects to ensure that the finance team as a whole achieves its teamwide objectives.
The Financial Accounting team continuously strive to deliver the best quality work possible through talented teams. We’re looking for a highly organised and proactive individual who can engage collaboratively with both our international partners and the finance department. The successful candidate will have an analytical and inquisitive mind and will thrive on this opportunity for development.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Managing the overall relationship with professional service providers for international entities, including monitoring and tracking professional fees.
- Ownership of all aspects of company compliance for international entities
- Provision of leadership and advice to colleagues regarding international accounting, tax and company governance in relation to international entities and IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Production of financial statements with supporting audit pack for allocated entities
- Review of the monthly management reporting packs for international entities that are prepared by external accountants.
- Financial control and balance sheet management and reporting for international entities
- Active management of risk in relation to accounting, tax and compliance for international entities
- Management of all overseas tax reporting and compliance requirements, including associated disclosure
- Continuous improvement (CI) champion engaging with finance CI initiative learning skills and advocating approach
- Lead on specific finance project work and support other members of the department on project work as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Graduate (ideally in a business discipline)
- Essential to have strong audit experience of similar complex/international groups
- Strong experience of supporting overseas entities and working with overseas external advisers
- Demonstrable experience of leading on international tax and accounting matters, and providing decision-making advice
- Experience of international accounting standards (either IFRS or local international standards)
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales (VAT) and business (CT) tax systems
- Proven ability to simplify and streamline processes
- Excellent communication skills evidenced by use of technology
- Genuinely interested in learning international business and finance
- Skilled at collaborative working
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership. Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
This role is based at our Bristol office. Blended and flexible working will be considered with regular office attendance informed by business needs and subject to the local Covid-19 situation.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date