Head of EMEA Sales & Marketing
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
Head of EMEA Sales & Marketing (Bristol, UK)
The Head of EMEA Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing sales & marketing strategies and tactics in the EMEA region in order to secure sales growth and achieve financial targets. The role holder works proactively with other departments and colleagues to formulate strategy and policy to help ensure the company maintains its market leading position.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Oversee the overall sales strategy for the region and set sales targets and objectives
- Motivate and support sales people to best deliver sales results
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports to enable them to achieve their sales targets.
- Embed the account management marketing team into the sales function
- Set vision, tone and strategy for the team to best support sales
- Develop a deep understanding of and connection with IOPP’s librarian customers to significantly improve their experience
- Act as the EMEA voice of the libraries to IOP and support best customer experience to this group
- Proactively develop, revise and implement marketing communications and information service processes
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement within the teams to optimise success
- 5 direct reports with overall responsibility for the sales & marketing objectives in EMEA
- Responsible for sales revenue of >£13.5m for the region
- Responsible for delivering marketing and sales development objectives
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of STM journals and eBooks publishing, sales and sales processes, including the development of new business models and product development
- Very good understanding of the needs of the library market globally, especially in the EMEA region
- Extensive experience of people management, leading and motivating large teams in a changing environment
- Thorough grasp of the economics of STM publishing and librarian business models
- Ability to present effectively to wide audiences and win support for new business ideas
- Building up and motivating effective cross-functional project teams
- Extensive experience of people management, leading, influencing others and motivating large and intercultural teams
- Extensive experience of managing and communicating change across a global workforce
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills in a global environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence customers and in-house colleagues and present ideas and plans persuasively at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to research, sense and create new ideas and opportunities
- Highly-skilled in influencing and stakeholder engagement
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong financial skills applied to business analysis and planning
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
This role is based at our Bristol office. Blended and flexible working will be considered with regular office attendance informed by business needs and subject to the local Covid-19 situation.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date