Business Analyst - Business Process Improvement
- Salary & Benefits
- Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
The Business Analyst is central to our ability to lead on the delivery of transformational program initiatives and forms part of a new Business Improvement function we’re introducing at the Institute of Physics. Reporting into the Head of Business Improvement, the Business Analyst has an opportunity to shape the evolution of this new function and will work closely with business stakeholders to translate business needs into requirements to help with the company’s understanding of our current capabilities, future needs and how this can be achieved.
The programme of activities run by the job holder will include running discovery and innovation workshops to build visions and with a wide range of stakeholders; building cases for transformational change along with the associated financial, benefit and risk analysis; market research and ultimately delivering enterprise-wide requirements to IT partners.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Operational, infrastructure and capability analysis of enterprise-wide systems and processes.
- Organise and run innovation and vision workshops directly or with co-creators (such as consultants) to capture, visualise and express a vision for the transformed experience.
- Conduct research of the marketplace, technology landscape, internal stakeholders and customers to align opportunities to business needs.
- Compile artefacts, data and narrative to build compelling business cases and include:
- The capture, expression and tracking of business benefits.
- Risk and issue management.
- Financial analysis (in conjunction with the Finance Strategy Manager support).
- Identification of dependencies and timelines.
- Coordinate RFP responses.
- Translate business case vision and business models into requirements for IT transformation teams.
- Enterprise-wide process optimisation.
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience in a Business Analyst position with sound knowledge and skill in strategic and financial analysis.
- Skill in developing technical value propositions, business cases and impactful proposals.
- Applied experience guiding transformation in organizations.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills (written, verbal and presentational).
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organisation, and forge and maintain key business relationships.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and effectively communicate complex ideas.
- Degree, or equivalent education.
- Desirable, but not essential: Lean Six Sigma, Agile and Waterfall.
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
The contractual location of this role is from our Bristol office, but most employees are continuing to work from home until later this year, and in future we will be moving to a more dynamic and blended combination of office and remote working.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover note by clicking on 'Apply now'.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date