- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
IOP Publishing have an opportunity for a customer-focused and results-driven Marketing Executive with excellent planning skills, who will be responsible for maximising business growth for their journal portfolio or business area through the use of marketing and promotion techniques across a variety of channels.
Working closely with the Marketing Manager, you plan and implement campaigns that directly support the strategy for your area, as well as analysing performance against campaign goals and objectives, and making recommendations for improvement.
Key accountabilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with IOP Publishing’s key external stakeholders, - authors and referees, librarians, site contacts, funding bodies and agents
- Growing journal article submission numbers
- Encouraging usage, visibility and demand for IOP products
- Increasing IOP’s global subscriber base
- Increasing registrations and profiled visitors to our websites
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills are essential, as is confidence in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of marketing concepts and a working knowledge of a variety of marketing channels and tactics to provide solutions and achieve objectives
- Ability to measure performance against goals and evaluate results
- Proactive in seeking new ways to build on or change the current processes, workflows or practices
- Effective writing skills, to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles, to deliver compelling messages to different audiences
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing, or related area, or able to demonstrate skills and experience at a good level
- Perseverance and drive for results
- Strong planning & time management skills
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
This role is based at our Bristol office. Blended and flexible working will be considered with regular office attendance informed by business needs and subject to the local Covid-19 situation.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter highlighting your skills and experience and how these apply to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date