Content Management Specialist
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
IOP Publishing is recruiting for a customer-focused Content Management Specialist to act as the central point of contact for content management and content discoverability.
As Content Management Specialist, you will provide front-line support for content management and discovery functions. This involves the use and manipulation of IOP Publishing’s content assets for journals and books in XML, PDF and EPUB formats, and associated metadata.
You will excel in providing technical support and services relating to content quality and delivery, to both internal and external stakeholders, in a timely manner and to high quality standards, and will be confident in developing automated solutions for content management to improve data quality and process efficiency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical support for book and journal article metadata creation and dissemination, including resolution of problems with DOI submissions and other data feeds
- Improve the quality of existing and new content through data correction and support for data enrichment systems and processes, including development of automated file manipulations where appropriate
- Collaboration with colleagues in production and IT, and with external suppliers and data partners, to implement improvements
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot data feeds to discovery services, 3rd party vendors and community initiatives
- Contribution to research and project work, including reporting on progress of data correction/enrichment projects
Successful applicants will have:
- High degree of technical knowledge, computer skills and numeracy; good literacy
- Good communication and organizational skills; ability to plan and balance priorities and manage a varied workload
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Able to work on own initiative, and flexibly as part of a team
- Demonstrable ability to acquire relevant technical skills required for the job, and the ability to learn new ones as they arise; these include: HTML, XML, electronic file management, understanding of the online publication process, including the mechanisms behind content ingestion and display, data feeds and reference linking
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability
- Professional attitude and diligent/dedicated approach
- A strong customer focus
This role is based at our Bristol office but we are currently working remotely. As we return to workplaces, blended and flexible working will be considered with regular office attendance informed by business needs and subject to the local Covid-19 situation.
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter highlighting your skills and experience and how they apply to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date