- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
Using multi-channel marketing tactics, including email marketing, social media, especially the WeChat platform, advertising, webinars and conferences (in-person and virtual), you will support the business goals of our journals, books and conference series programmes.
You will report into the Research Communications Manager based in Beijing, and work closely with the wider CEM team in the UK, colleagues in the Beijing office, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Focusing on the China market, you’ll help to implement marketing activities and campaigns that will effectively maximize our brand awareness in the region, as well as meet product, business and company strategic objectives.
You will be expected to uphold best practice in all marketing and social media activity, and play a part in this high performing team with a passion for modern marketing techniques.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Supporting the delivery of marketing activities across key channels
- Contributing to and representing marketing on project-based work that will further the overall organisational objectives; this may include continuous improvement projects, cross-marketing department campaigns and operational initiatives
- Responsibility for completion of tasks briefed by team members to support specific campaign and project goals for journals, books, conference series
- Producing reports and undertaking regular analysis of campaign performance to input to marketing reports, and provide recommendations on improving ROI where possible
- Taking a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to improve workflows, tactics and campaigns
- Carrying out administrative support, including processing invoices, data entry, booking team meetings and workshops, and taking meeting notes to facilitate the smooth running of the team
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of and interest in marketing concepts, and ability to learn how to use marketing tools quickly, along with enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills and knowledge across multiple marketing channels and tactics
- Previous WeChat platform operation experience is preferred
- Previous office administration experience is preferred, or ability to demonstrate relevant skills
- Confidence with MS Office365, customer databases, internet and email
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment, with excellent organisational, planning and time-management skills
- Study/qualifications in an STM subject would be advantageous but is not essential
- Strong written and spoken skills in Mandarin and English, confidence in communicating with stakeholders, and able to liaise with internal and external customers at many different levels
- Proactive approach, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong copywriting skills, high level of attention to detail, and able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Excellent problem-solving skills – identify opportunities and overcome challenges
- Awareness of marketing budgets and campaign spend
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date