Regional Sales Manager (US Western Region)
- Salary & Benefits
- Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales revenue, growth and market penetration within an assigned territory (US Western Region), through a relationship-based sales approach with existing and prospective customers. This will involve travel and customer contact with decision makers at their institutions as well as attendance at conferences and trade shows.
The Americas Sales team is responsible for the sales of Journals, Archives and Ebooks into the US, Canadian and Latin American Markets. We primarily deal with academic higher education libraries but also service corporate and government institutions. The Americas home office is based in Philadelphia and has 9 Regional Sales Managers spread out amongst the region to better serve our customers.
This Regional Sales Manager will need to be based in the Western United States, with access to a major airport.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Meeting with, and presenting to current and prospective customers, either digitally or in-person, to identify and develop both existing and new business opportunities
- Developing clear and effective customer proposals
- Plan and organize sales strategies to generate new business and find ways to increase sales at a time when budgets are under considerable strain
- Collection, maintenance and analysis of market, customer and competitor intelligence
- Maintaining up to date customer information in Salesforce
- Reporting to the business on customer needs, problems, interests, competitor activities, and potential for new products and services
- Coordinate sales effort with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Service and Finance
- Support Legal and Licensing department to make sure contracts are completed in a timely manner
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in a field sales role, ideally within the publishing industry
- Effective customer engagement, presentation and negotiation skills
- Technical knowledge of e-products within education/academia, preferably electronic publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively within the US
About the benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% company paid medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance. We also offer a generous 401(k) matching plan and 4 weeks paid vacation in your first year of employment.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing (IOPP) is an international scientific publisher with North American headquarters in Philadelphia’s historic district. Our rapidly expanding journals program is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of ebooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date