- Salary & Benefits
- Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
- Job Advert Description
This is a new role within the organisation, though we do have an existing implementation of Salesforce and some Salesforce skills internally, created to support the existing Salesforce tenant whilst also being substantially involved in the new implementation.
The Salesforce Administrator will work closely with a Salesforce system integrator that will be engaged as part of the new implementation.
What will you be doing?
Key job accountabilities include:
- Ensuring appropriate procedures and process are in place to backup and recover data, to guard against things like accidental deletion;
- Ensuring appropriate disaster recovery procedures are in place and tested;
- Ensuring the platform is secure through the management of Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules etc;
- Ensuring that data governance, data quality standards are developed and managed;
- As the platform is internet facing, ensuring adequate controls are in place so only authorised users can access it e.g. MFA;
- Ensuring the platform meets agreed availability, reliability scalability requirements;
- Managing any other platform risks;
- Monitoring and ensuring integrations between Salesforce and other systems are running as planned;
- Acting as key contact for supporting Salesforce users with requests and issues;
- Staying updated on Salesforce’s new tools, capabilities, and updates;
- Managing software releases including responsibility for DevOps processes around configuration and source code changes.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems;
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Pardot/Marketing Cloud;
- Familiarity with tools such as OwnBackup, SFDX, CLI. Visual Studio Code and GitHub, WebMerge;
- Ability to effectively communicate with and persuade colleagues, and enjoy working directly with business users.
We know it is unusual for someone to tick every box so, if you don’t meet all the criteria, but demonstrate most of the skills and experience we are looking for, and have the enthusiasm to work with us, go ahead and apply.
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees an excellent pension scheme (up to 10% company contribution), discretionary annual bonus scheme, 25+ days holiday, standard 35-hour working week, volunteering days, and a comprehensive benefits package including private medical insurance, life assurance, as well as a range of flexible benefits such as cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, healthcare cash plan, and childcare vouchers.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
The contractual location of this role is our Bristol office. We are currently working from home due to Covid restrictions, but will be moving to our dynamic and blended 'Way We Work' with a flexible combination of office and remote working.
As there will not be a requirement for the person in this role to be in the office on a weekly basis, we are open to considering applicants from a wider geographical area who are happy to travel to Bristol a couple of times a month, subject to business needs.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover note through our careers site.
We aim to review applications soon after they are received, and will arrange interviews when there’s someone we’re keen to meet, so please don’t hold off applying until the closing date is approaching - we don’t want you, or us, to miss out!
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
IOP Publishing is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are built into our identity in a way that is natural and sustainable, visible through the work we produce, our company branding, our professional networks and the communities we serve and support, which includes our employees, talent communities and candidates. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
- Closing Date